Dream Gown, Check.
Now, it's time to accessorize for the Big Day! There are so many great ways of accessorizing for your Big Day that it is certainly tough to choose which look to go for. We have broken down a few guidelines to keep in mind as you are out shopping.
1. Decide if you will be wearing a veil. This accessory is one of the most iconic bridal pieces. There are so many different styles to choose from. If you are heading out to search for a veil, keep in mind your dress - the textures, patterns, and cut - make sure the veil compliments the gown in both length and design.
2. Keep it comfy when it comes to shoes! We all love those gorgeous shoe photos on wedding days, but unless you walk in heels on a daily basis, perhaps choose two shoes - one for photos, and the other for the rest of the day. There are so many adorable flat options, and it certainly helps your feet all day!
3. Less is More! We love the idea of a beautiful bracelet and earring combination, or perhaps a gorgeous necklace and a similarly designed belt to accompany your gown. Be sure you take note of the cut of your dress before diving into buying accessories, and make sure they compliment each other.
4. Matching Metals. As a general guideline, if your gown is white, stick with platinum or silver pieces. Perhaps your gown takes more of an ivory tone, and if this is the case, gold accessories compliment this best. If you chose a blush gown for your Big Day, try working in some Rose Gold, as it will bring out the pink tones in the dress.
5. Be Yourself! If you generally wear very bold statement jewelry, perhaps you want to carry that into your wedding day. However, if you are the kind of girl who does not wear much in the line of accessories, don't overdo it. You want to be comfortable and feel like yourself. Looking back in photos you want to see a true vision of yourself.
6. Try lots of Options. There is nothing wrong with coming up with a variety of options, going home, and trying them on with your gown. Be sure to check with store return policies to ensure you can make a full refund return if it does not bring your vision to life.
Always remember to stay true to your natural self, and what will make you feel like a real-life princess on your special day. We love seeing what Brides put together, and the accessories really bring the entire look to life!
All Photography Courtesy of Eryn Shea Photography