One of the first decisions you have to make as a newly engaged couple is where and when you are going to get married. Followed by that, you have to decide if you will be getting married indoors or out. We all know how lovely a summer outdoor wedding can be - but we also know this can come with some challenges. Today we have broken down a list of some Pros and Cons to having an indoor versus an outdoor ceremony to help you make your final decision.
Pros to an Outdoor Ceremony
- If the weather is promising, the photos that come away from the day are breathtaking. No matter the season or the location, Mother Nature truly is incredible to have captured behind you on your Big Day.
- Due to the gorgeous backdrop already provided by nature itself, the cost of ceremony decor can be substantially less! Minimal decorations can be used and the main expense is generally chair rentals for an outdoor ceremony.
- Nothing says beautiful quite like the great outdoors. Be it in a local park or even a forest, there is something so magical about feeling those warm summer breezes as you watch two people you love tie the knot.
Cons to an Outdoor Ceremony
- Weather! The most unpredictable thing going. If you have an outdoor ceremony planned, you must have a rain backup plan. Be this a tent with sides, or an alternative location, the cost for this can be added expense with a short window to make the final choice without losing too much money. Many tent companies will refund a portion of the cost of the rental up until 24 hours before the ceremony.
- Walking in Heels. We have seen this time and time again, and want to help you out. Be cautious when choosing footwear as the Bride or the Bridesmaids as you walk across grass, mulch or possibly dirt. We always recommend a wedge alternative to a stiletto to ensure you don't trip and fall.
- Permits. Make sure when you are scouting out locations for the ceremony that you take into consideration any possible permits that may be required from the City or other Local Organizations for using the property. These permits may be an additional cost as well.
Another very important thing to make mention of when making your decision, is taking bugs into consideration. Dependent on the month, bugs could be out in full force. Be sure to be prepared with ample bug spray for your guests if you choose to have an outdoor ceremony.
We hope this helps when it comes time to make your ceremony location choice! Whichever choice you make, we know it will be one incredible day!